Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Saturday 12 December 2009

Spiritual Sundays


During the season of Avent on the church calendar, Christians around the world light candles. The first candle synbolizes hope. The prophet Isaiah said that all nations will place their hope or trust in Christ, God's Chosen One {Isa. 42:1-4; Matt. 12:21}.

We think of Advent from the perspective of earthbound creatures who know nothing but this life. We rejoice that Jesus came to visit us on this beautiful planet that He made especially for us. But it's important to remember that Jesus came from a better place. He is first and foremost from heaven, a place more beautiful than we can imagine.

Whenever I think about Jesus coming to earth, I also consider that He had to leave heaven to get here. For Him, earth was hostile territory. Coming here was a dangerous venture {Matt. 12:14}. Yet He came. Our just and compassionate God made Himself vulnerable to human injustice. The Creator of the universe put on the garment of flesh and came to experience firsthand what life here is really like.

Jesus tasted death for everyone {Heb.2:9} so that we can taste His goodness {1 Peter2:3}. He left the splendor of heaven to bring us to glory {Heb. 2:10}. He gave His own life to give us hope for eternal life. - Julie Ackerman Link


The hope of Christmas is the song
Of angels in the sky,
And Christ within a manger laid
To bring salvation nigh. - Campbell


Please join our lovely hostesses Charlotte and Ginger with all their participants at Spiritual Sundays for a time of refreshment. http://bloggerspirit.blogspot.com/


Sharing from my heart~ Sandi

18 comments :

  1. Hi Sandi,
    And I am so glad He did, thank you for sharing this beautiful thought, and scriptures today, Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi,
    This is a beautiful, thought provoking post. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful.
    Blessings and prayers, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing.
    I saw a sign at a church today..that said
    " WE are the reason for the season...HE was born to save our souls."

    Thank you,

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful thoughts, Sandi. Thank you.

    Merry Christmas...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for blessing me with this post tonight...have a great week. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid post. Thanks for posting. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Sandy,
    This post expresses it so well. Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us.
    Blessings,
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi this is beautiful! Thank-you for sharing these scriptures with us today.
    God Bless,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, thanking God, our hope, for His precious gift of Jesus ~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these advent reflections! Your scriptures are impacting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm thinking "disaster" if Jesus didn't come to save us. Glory to God for His master plan. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sandi,
    Thank you for your inspiring post today. You gave us much to think about.


    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, a Holy God , creator of the universe condescended to become a human baby, to die on a cross to save us from our sins . He is a wonderful Savior ! Great Post.
    Merry christmas !
    ~Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  15. This one made me stop and think about how God loved us enough to leave heaven and come to our battlefield to save us. Thank you for sharing. Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.